Sep 30, 2019
The Two Biblical Grounds for Divorce:
2. Abandonment by a non-christian spouse who abandons because his/her spouse is a Christian
31 “It was also said, ‘Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.’ 32 But I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except on the...
Sep 23, 2019
God instituted and deigned marriage primarily to reflect:
1. The communal oneness of His nature
2. His relentless, covenant love for His people
3 And Pharisees came up to him and tested him by asking, “Is it lawful to divorce one's wife for any cause?” 4 He answered, “Have you not read that he who created them...
Sep 15, 2019
Sexual purity is a matter of the heart. Our sexual behavior reflects how much of our hearts belong to Him.
Four disciplines that help us pursue sexual purity from the heart:
1. The Spiritual discipline of re-training our fallen affections to desire Christ and His Kingdom above all else.
2. The mental discipline of...
Sep 9, 2019
Sexual purity is a matter of the heart. Our sexual behavior reflects how much of our heart belongs to Him.
27 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28 But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If...
Sep 2, 2019